Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Pick 3 Pinterest Picks - May


Joining PAWSitively Teaching and The Inspired Owl's Corner again this month for my favourite linky! :)



This is an awesome FREEBIE from one of my favourite Canadian sellers, Tina's Teaching Treasures. Do you HATE repeating yourself? I sure do. It is one of my pet peeves. I almost always write/type out instructions on the white board or SmartBoard so students are able to reread it themselves if they have questions. I love this idea because of the pictures! This will make it easier for those little ones who aren't quite ready to read full sentences yet. Did I mention it is FREE? Make sure to leave Tina some love if you decide to download this from her store! :)




Do you use Learning Goals and Success Criteria in your classroom (or something similar)? If not, you should start! Here is an example of an anchor chart made by Mrs. Beattie from Mrs. Beattie's Classroom. This is a great way to have students be accountable for their own learning and to make sure they know exactly what is expected of them. Success Criteria for a Learning Goal is co-created with your students in language they will understand. I like to give my students their own copy of the Learning Goal and Success Criteria so they can self-assess (and peer-assess!). Who doesn't love a checklist? Do a quick search in Pinterest of "Learning Goals and Success Criteria" to see some other examples! 

Here is an example of an anchor chart I made with a grade 3/4 class for making inferences. 



Another sensory bin? Surprise, surprise! This one caught my eye because I love how "real" it looks. I think it would be fun to have students collect items from outside to be placed in the bin and then discuss which animals would live in this type of habitat and which don't belong. What a neat "invitation to explore"! :)

Thank you for reading! I hope you will check out some of the other posts in this linky! :)

-Ms. Makinson




1 comment:

  1. Great choices of pins! I've repinned them to my boards too. Have a great end of the year.
    Carla @ Comprehension Connection

    ReplyDelete